We at BrainSmart take your privacy very seriously. We will ensure that all such information is processed fairly and lawfully,The following statement sets out our policy regarding the personal information which we collect through the BrainSmart website (the “Website”).
Please also see our Website Terms and Conditions.
Information we collect
- We collect information about you when you register with and/or use the Website. This may include your name, address, telephone number, and email address.
- Information is also collected when you complete and submit on-line forms
- We will not collect sensitive personal information about you without your explicit consent.
- We use ‘cookies’ to collect additional information about your visit to the Website.
- A cookie is a text file that a website transfers to your computer’s hard disk so that the website can remember who you are. Cookies only record those areas of a website that have been visited by your computer and for how long.
- This Website uses the following two types of cookies:
- Session Cookies – these are temporary cookies which remain on your computer until you leave the Website and allow you to carry information across pages of the Website without having to re-enter information.
- Persistent Cookies – these remain on your computer after you leave the Website.
- You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the setting in your browser. If you would like to do this, please see the help menu of your browser.
Information we use
- We use the information collected to provide and personalise our services both on-line and off-line. This may include dealing with your enquiries, conducting quality assurance and/or training our staff.
- In particular, our Persistent Cookies help us to recognise you when you return to the Website. We may use third parties to assist in our monitoring and analysis.
- We also use the information in our strategic analysis and our assessment of market trends, and our production and re-ordering levels. In particular, we use our Persistent Cookies to help us compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that enable us to understand how users use the Website and to help us improve the structure of the Website. We cannot identify you personally this way.
Looking after your information
- We take appropriate security measures in relation to the sensitivity of the information which we hold on you.
- We will not hold your information on our systems for any longer than is necessary for us to meet the purpose of holding that information.
- Where you have made us aware that the information that we hold about you is inaccurate or not up to date, we will update that information.