Top 4 Focus Supplements To Improve Concentration Naturally
There has been a significant rise in the past decade or so of the use of natural focus and concentration booster supplements to improve an individual’s ability to stay alert for longer periods of time.
Focus booster supplements will have a number of different types of brain booster vitamins and brain enhancing amino acids in them. These vitamins and amino acids work together as a catalyst for increasing neurotransmitter activity which in turn improves concentration span and memory recall.
Since the majority of effective brain supplements for improving concentration contain more than one natural focus boosting vitamin, it is difficult to establish which of them is the most effective focus booster or whether it’s the combination that is producing the overall result.
This article digests existing research and highlights 4 of the most effective focus and concentration boosting ingredients to look for when considering using a natural supplement to improve your attention span.
Focus Supplements – Top 4 Most Effective Natural Ingredients to Improve Concentration & Attention Span
1. Acetyl L – Carnitine (ALCAR)
A powerful and effective brain booster or ‘Brain Super Fuel’ that has grown in popularity over the past decade or so, Acetyl-L-Carnitine is a very well researched amino acid that is found in a few of the most effective focus and concentration supplements. It works as a brain booster by helping maintain the health and functionality of brain cells, one recent study found that people with early signs of dementia and mild memory impairment benefited from low to medium doses of Acetyl-L-Carnitine over a relatively short period of time.
Anecdotal evidence backs up the clinical studies and demonstrates that Acetyl- L Carnitine does improve concentration and mental focus very quickly. It increases oxygen uptake in the brain which improves memory, focus and overall mental performance.
Effective For :
- Reducing age-related memory loss in older adults: Acetyl-L-Carnitine is widely used in Europe to treat Alzheimer’s and other memory loss related diseases.
- Improving concentration : recent European studies show that regular use of ALCAR increased concentration and memory in adults ages 25-70 and whose use of technology has decreased their attention span over time.
- Studies show ALCAR is very effective in increasing blood flow to the brain. Taking just a small dose of Acetyl-L-Carnitine has shown exponential improvements in blood flow in the brains of people who have a history of poor concentration and attention span.
2. Ginkgo Biloba
A lot of recent research has focused on natural focus booster herbs like Gingko Biloba, the leaf of the ginkgo tree, which is native to China and one of the oldest plants in the world.
Ginkgo operates as a focus booster by improving oxygen flow to the brain. The brain needs oxygen to operate at its optimum best, so it’s possible that even a slight lack of circulation can affect its performance.
A recent article published by The University of Maryland (see References & Sources Used) cites that Ginkgo Biloba is often cited as an effective natural ‘brain herb’ and recent research studies both in the US and in Europe have found the regular use of Ginkgo Biloba as part of a healthy diet and regular exercise can help improve overall memory recall and brain reaction performance in healthy individuals,
Effective For :
- Improving concentration and attention span in older adults : studies show that taking ginkgo leaf extract significantly improves the attention span and ability to concentrate in elderly people with mild to moderate age-related memory loss or thinking problems.
- The regular use of Ginkgo leaf extract has been shown to improve short-term visual memory and speed of mental processing in individuals suffering from memory loss.
- Improving concentration and attention span in young people. Taking relatively small doses of ginkgo on a regular basis has been shown to improve some thinking skills in young to middle aged individuals. Ginkgo has been shown to significantly improve memory recall and speed of mental processing in individuals who show no signs of memory loss.
3. Dimethylethanolamine (DMAE)
DMAE is another focus booster that has been studied extensively as a potential treatment for ADD/ADHD. It may also work as an effective brain booster in healthy people and as a result DMAE is found in only the more effective supplements for focus and concentration improvement.
DMAE appears to block an enzyme in the brain that breaks down acetylcholine, an essential neurotransmitter (the brain’s chemical messengers). Acetylcholine carries information across synapses, the space between brain cells. DMAE appears to facilitate more acetylcholine in the brain which in turn impacts positively on the brain’s ability to concentrate and retain information for longer periods of time.
Effective For :
- Boosting memory performance, brain function, and mental energy in individuals with Alzheimer’s disease or senile dementia. Recent Swiss research showed increased memory and thinking skills among individuals with Alzheimer’s disease after just 2 months of use.
- Increasing concentration and attention span in healthy adults. A recent Australian study demonstrated that DMAE significantly improved the memory of university students with a history of shortened attention spans.
4. L – Theanine
L-Theanine is typically extracted from green tea and works by effectively crossing the blood-brain barrier and increasing GABA and dopamine levels in the brain. Many users report that by combining L- Theanine extract with coffee they notice a considerable improvement in the quality and depth of their thinking after only an hour or two and they are able to sustain focus and concentration for longer periods of time. There is also now a growing number of research studies to back up this anecdotal user feedback. These studies evidence the effectiveness of combining L- Theanine extract with coffee to deliver an alert and focused mind with exceptional depth and quality of thinking.
L-Theanine is one of the few supplements that does not have any known negative side effects when used at the appropriate dosage and appears to negate the jaggedness often associated with coffee while delivering a clear and sharp alertness.
A new study from Japan shows that taking daily supplements containing L-Theanine may also help people with anxiety focus on their daily activities.
Effective For :
Increasing concentration and attention span – particularly if taken with coffee. A number of research studies in Europe, Canada and Japan are demonstrating that L-Theanine supplementation with coffee can significantly improve the attention spans of adults over a relatively short time frame.
Focus Supplements of the Year 2016
Award Winning Natural Concentration Booster Formula
Acetyl L-Carnitine | Ginkgo Biloba | DMAE & L- Theanine
Improve Your Attention Span & Your Mental Focus
*SPECIAL OFFER – FREE 1 WHEN YOU BUY 2*
About the Author
Sam Jansen is a leading brain scientist, lawyer and author, studying neuroscience, social behaviors and the science of happiness.You can find him at Google+